Bookshelf choice advice please

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarel.wagner

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
As you know I am experimenting with flat panel DML speakers. As part of this I am looking for a set of Bookies between R15-20K to use as references to benchmark against. There are a few I am considering like B&W 606, Sonus Faber Lumina II, Monitor Audio Silver 100 7G and others like Focal, Polk, Tannoy, KEF and Dali to name a few. These can be New or Used and the choice is totally budget driven.

I am looking for a speaker that is well balanced and as neutral sounding as possible in this price range. Yea I know, but that is the budget.... Sealed or ported is fine but No floor standers, no active monitors.

I prefer relatively modern bookies with all the new tech and advances made in recent years. In this case no vintage stuff, sorry, besides I have enough of those already.... Yes I am aware that build quality and components used, especially the binding posts and x-over is down to a price/budget and I am ok with that.

Please let me know your thoughts. 🤷‍♂️ 🍿 I am planning to go listen, as a final step, to whatever is suggested here when the final few are selected. If used, that may be a challenge tho....

Groetnis
:unsure: