Best all in one headphone DAC/Amp under $300?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Morris

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I am by no means an expert and I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD600's connected to a Mac mini. That combination is fine but I have a feeling the headphones need more power to get the best out of them. There is just enough volume but for example I feel there is a loss of a bass and a bass drum can sound like a snare drum and lack the reverberation I hear with a decent pair of IEM's

I do have the Earmen Colibri that I am not using as I don't want to shorten the battery life for indoor listening and anyway that is better suited to using balanced cables as the 3,5mm delivers 75mw and the 4,4mm delivers 280mw.

To the point, I have been looking at Linsoul's website www.linsoul.com as this website offers free express shipping for orders of $275 or more. I am currently stuck with the Topping DX3+ Pro in my basket and there seems to be no other desktop option as good under $300 other than the Fiio K7 (no remote control).

Has anybody else done the homework and can offer a different viewpoint?

Last edited:

Latest posts