B&W M1's in a stereo setup

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu_Mack

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I am busy cobbling together bits to do a simple study system. I bought an integrated amp with Tuner and CDP from Andre in CT. Not the newest bits on the block, but both in great condition.
On the weekend I hooked this up to my B&W CDM1's, which as expected, sounded amazing, almost too much for the room.

The CDM1's currently do service as rear speakers so I don't really want to use them in the study.
My plan is to build some speaker stands (started last night) and use *insert name here* bookshelves.

For a giggle I hooked up two M1's, placing them ontop of the CDM1's, which are on their own speaker stands. Hardly ideal I know.

I was not expecting much, as the M1's are great home theatre speakers, but I thought they would never be able to stand alone in a stereo setup.

BUT, I could not have been more wrong!!!

The amount of fill, volume, clarity and yes even bass that these two little M1's produced is truly outstanding! I listened to a variety of music through them and it all sounded very very good.

So once the speaker stands are finished I am going to pop a M1 on each of them and enjoy. Really glad I did not sell the M1's now.

Latest posts