AVC - Audio Visual Centre (http://www.avc.co.za/)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remus

Reaction score
So I had an electrical surge at my place which blew my projector. AVC falsely agreed to send me a technical assessment but after charging me R450 they are now withholding the assessment and instead sent me this :

AVC - Durban

1x Replace Lamp R 2200.00 EX VAT
1xReplace DMD Chip R 2850.00 EX VAT
1x Major Service R 438.60
2x Labour R 250.00 EX VAT

Total : 5988.60 EX VAT

Considering the above the unit is uneconomical to replace.
The current replacement unit is the Optoma GT750XL

Problem 1 : After asking them for a proper assessment they are now refusing and my insurance is refusing to settle me as they now need the assessment.

Problem 2 : Upon inspection of the unit the casing is damaged and there's bits of plastic coming off the sides, there's a missing screw and stuff rolling around inside.

Problem 3 : So I'm sitting with this broken projector and I decided to attempt a repair only to switch the unit on and it powers up, no problem, stays on for an hour and than switches off. I was shocked. I called AVC and ask them to explain what's up and they refusing to acknowledge they have done anything wrong. The manager even tells me he wants nothing to do with me.

I have spoken to the chap who booked in my unit and he reckons the manager told him and I quote "Tell him to go fly a kite"

Kmon good people help the consumer against the man and help out, what can I do against these guy???