Audyssey setup protocol with listening Mic

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoziNic

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought I would lose the questions here & see what the consensus is.

In setting up your AVR with Audyssey mic, the instruction assumes the listening position is front and center (to the center, left & right speakers) & then proceeds to take upto 9 different measurements around that listening position (to the left of, right of, behind, diagonally left, right and same angles at the back) per the below diagram which I’m sure everyone is aware of
899BA309-A1C3-4780-A802-782A8647C389.jpeg

My question is as follows, say my actual listening position is not at position 1 (dead center) say my actual position is (due to various reasons ie make up of furniture in the room, available space, aesthetics etc etc) 1m to the left of position 1, would you when measuring with the mic still use position 1 as position 1. Or would you use your actual listening position in the space as position 1 & then measure the 8 other points around that?

Or would you just do the measurements using positions as per instruction no matter where your actual listening position was?

And why?