Value of a stolen recovered vehicle? (honda jazz)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judy@Rtec

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
They found my car!

For those not in the know - About 2 odd years ago, my Honda Jazz was forcefully taken from me.  Despite the shock and brief moment of near death experience having a gun stuck to my head,  I had moved on.  Insurance paid out... and I bought myself, yes, a new Jazz.

Fast forward more than 2 years... they have recovered the vehicle!  Apparently standing in Aeroton and  despite a slightly damaged rear bumper, still in great condition.  The insurance is busy arranging the upliftment and undoing the dereg and I 'might' be given first option to buy back the vehicle at a massively discounted price. 

So I thought I might as well make good of a bad situation, but I'm waiting to hear... if it's going to auction, they can keep it and just give me my excess.

Sooooooo the question is this:
Let's suppose said vehicle as "second hand" retails for R85K- 90K and I could POSSIBLY sell it to any dealer or even gumtree within seconds for R65-70K.
How would being "stolen recovered" affect this price?
At what point/price should I just say "keep it"?
Is it worth the administration?

By now it's 10 years old, but would likely still have less than 100K on the clock (unless they were travelling cross border, because 2 odd years ago it had less than 40k on the clock)

Anybody that wants to give me some advice? Or buy a nice Honda Jazz?  :ROFLMAO: Cheap cheap...

Latest posts