Any sparkies here? (isolator switch for stove)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AVSA Andrew

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So the never-ending joy of renovating the old farm cottage continues... The old stove that was connected up to one of the wall sockets is no more. Picked up a very nice gas/electric oven/stove and have been installing it, but I am hitting a blank wrt the isolator/disconnector switch that sits between the DB board and the oven, because I seem to be a wire short...

So on the side that accepts the L/N/Earth wires from the DB, there are:

Line
1  3 (sealed)  5

On the Load side, which connects to the plug where the oven will be plugged in, there are:

2  4 (sealed)  6

From what I understand, 1 is red from the DB. 2 is red from the stove. 5 is black from the DB. 6 is black to the stove. Earth from the DB goes into the screw for it on the faceplate.

Okay, all good. But on the stove side I have two plugs, one for the oven operation, the other that powers the single hot plate on the top. So for these I need to mount a wall-mounted plug socket, which I have...but that means a L/N/Earth configuration, which leaves me with an Earth wire that has nowhere to connect to the isolator switch.

Can anyone advise?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts