Advice Needed - Atmos in a concrete ceiling advice

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalith

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Ola Peeps

I need some advice on the best way to tackle getting atmos speakers on a concrete ceiling.In addition the ceiling is 3.5m high which makes this much more fun.
From what i can discern the consensus seems to go wall mount bookshelves and ceiling mount them.

now the question arises of how much power handling does the ceiling speakers require to fulfill atmos function ?
This question is especially pertinent as i am running PL 300's in front which tap out the NAD M25 @ 180W a channel. I like a immersive enviroment which generally means loads of DB's

now from what i can see most of the wall mount speakers are little light in the pants @ 50W-70W and the bigger bookshelves are not recommended as they start from 5Kg-6Kg to 10Kg making wall mount problematic and ceiling mount much more so.
I have a set of MA BX2's rated @ 100W and 6Kg which i am thinking of utilizing.I have been looking around and these brackets seem to be a decent price \ fucntion ratio : http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/297749400/15kg_Speaker_Ceiling_Wall_Mount_Brackets_Holder_for_Home_Office_Speaker_Theater.html
The only negative is that i would have to put screws in the back of the MA BX2's which sucks as i am not sure they will have enough oomph for atmos ?

Any thoughts comments from our forum members that have gone atmos ? What was your fronts speakers and what did you use for atmos and what was your results ?
any thoughts\advice would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts