Advice - DIY plate amp for Energy ESW-V10 subwoofer

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mars67

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Fellow Forumites

Having struck out in getting a replacement plate amplifier for my Energy ESW-V10 subwoofer I would like to ask the experts on this forum to assist me with suggestions on building a DIY plate amplifier for the sub.

The specifications of the amp are as follows: 10 Inch Driver, 100W, Max RMS 400W, Frequency Response 28-120 Hz, Crossover Frequency 40 - 120 Hz.

I have not done any real audio DIY and I think it is about time that I start. I know the difference between a resistor and a capacitor and have done a few DIY electronics projects such as solar charge controllers, a number of Arduino based projects and things like troubleshooting and replacing MOSFETS/IGBTs on motor drivers on treadmills etc. I have a fair bit of equipment such as a hot plate, desoldering station, hot air rework station etc. so can definitely tackle such a project. My only challenge is my lack of knowledge in building amplifiers.

I am looking forward to hearing your views and/or advice.

Thank you.

Latest posts