Vent velocity and then some

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Im hoping you guys could give me some advice regarding a little project I might get into. Its been a long while since I built anything audio related, but now have a chance to get my hands on a new shop display ICE Power IPS-BD155D4 subwoofer. This is a 15" driver, dual 4ohm voice coil and rated at 600wrms and 6000w peak. The only TS parameters I have are as follows

FS: 26.3
QMS: 6.24
VAS: 102
QES: 0.52
QTS: 0.48
SPL 1W/PM: 90.1
RE: 4ohms

Took the TS parameters to Bassbox pro and been struggling with getting the vent velocity down to under 24m/s at 34hz with a port length of 280mm and a dia of 120mm. I can however get it below 24m/s but that is with a slot port measuring 50mm H x 28Bmm W x 450mm D. Slot port is something I really dont want to go for. When modelling with the slot port, the Normalized Amplitude response seems pretty good, still running in the +dB's right down to 34.09hz in a 83.53L box. Not that big as my Onkyo SC90mkII's run in a 90L box. Vent velocity tops out at 21.9m/s at 26.46hz. Amplitude response is awesome, at least for me. Even at between 44-49hz its at 118.7dB's, and at 30.03hz its running at 113.9dB's. f3 is @ 28.98hz

Im hoping you guys can possibly give me some guidance with the design so I can get the same results as the slot box but with a single or two round ports.

Also, is the some relation between the two that one needs to keep in mind.

Thanx

PS, there is a bit of a bump in the response, which Im not to bothered about.

Latest posts