thieaudio legacy 3 iems

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron g

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
when picking up the blon bl03s, i was also given a box labelled "thieaudio"

i had never heard of thieaudio, & had no idea what to expect. obviously the packaging was few steps up from the blon, so i was expecting something reasonably up market.

so i decided to open them, listen& form some impressions without any preconceptions.
(i am a _bad_ audiophile. i don't really do reviews, since i am so comfortable & smug with my current kit  :cleansound: :cleansound: :cleansound:)

nice packaging, nice carry case, decent looking cable, & a pair of very good looking iems.

plugged them in - took a while to figure out how they all went together, & how they fit. tried foam tips - didn't work & i wound up using the same silicone tips as i used on the blo3.

basically, these do everything the bl03s do. only much better. more balanced (though not perfect), more refined, clearer. i could live with these as a daily driver - office use, carrying around with me etc.

took a look online. they are quite a lot more expensive than the bl03s, at around $130. there are a lot of customisation options, so i guess final price may vary.

they are well worth the premium though, since they are still really cheap as chips for what they cost.

for me the bl03s were an interesting listen. i would buy a pair of these for sure.

so to sum up. if you want to dip your toes in the iem experience, on a limited budget, get the bl03s. if you want to to go in up to the knee, still on a limited budget, get the legacy 3s.

& i still have a pair of tin audios on the way for a listen, so i will probably be back.  :coffee: :coffee:

Latest posts