Music Fidelity V-Link II

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu_Mack

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have been lent a MF V-link II as a test piece of kit to see if I want to go down the line of a USB converter or if I am happy with my current stereo setup which is:
  • ChomeCast Audio optical out
  • Theta Pro Prime
  • Aura CA200
  • Proceed
  • B&W 802N

The current setup, for what it is, really does produce wonderfully warm music, full or mid and low end bass, clear and deep soundstage and is great to listen to at all volume ranges. But there is always this craving for more.

The problem I am having is that the Theta DAC will not talk to the V-Link. The V-link is plugged into my Macbook (tried two different ones) it acquires a lock and stops playing via the internal speakers and outputs to the V-link.
The DAC is connected via Co-ax (I tried optical as well), the DAC never displays an incoming signal and there is no sound output.
I have tried both Tidal and Spotify and different output qualities, no difference.

Now I know the Theta is very long in the tooth, but I would be loathed to get rid of it, if that is the issue.

Any suggestions from the board experts?