Volumio Primo Review: Network streaming music player

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wietsche

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Volumio sent me their first in-house product to have a listen to and evaluate. They call it the Primo. It is what I would refer to as an all-in-one digital music source.  It runs on Volumio's own developed software that offers playback of music files stored on a local USB hard drive, network shares or networked media servers. It also plays music from Internet based radio and streaming services. The music is then delivered in digital or analog form as per user preference.

For the past couple of weeks I discovered quite an exciting and pleasant product, especially for a first time user of a networked streamer device, or someone seeking a good music source that can grow with their audio gear acquisitions over time.  But it certainly also provides a lot of value for the avid listener that already makes use of lossless music files and streaming, and already have more expensive gear, but wants to stop using a noisy computer or laptop and wants a smaller, dedicated, purpose built music source that just works and move out of the way. Let me explain and share my experience with you.

Continue reading on my blog.... https://digiphonix.home.blog/2019/05/08/volumio-primo/

p4222912-large.jpg

Please leave comments here on the forum if you wish to do so.

Thank you and have a lovely national voting day South-Africa!

Cheers,
Wietsche