Author Topic: RPI with Allo and Kodi  (Read 377 times)

Offline mariusl

RPI with Allo and Kodi
« on: January 05, 2018, 09:24:53 AM »
Hi
I am very new here so please forgive silly questions.  I want to put the following together and because I have no experience with this kind of equipment, I thought to seek some advise first.

I have a RPI 3 that has Kodi installed. I would like to fit it with a Allo Piano 2.1 Hi-Fi DAC (Subwoofer Out), Allo Volt AMP (Audio Amplifier) and Allo Volt+ AMP (Stand Alone Audio Amplifier) for the sub woofers.

Is this a feasible solution and will it work with Kodi?

Offline Wietsche

Re: RPI with Allo and Kodi
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 09:36:24 AM »
Hi
I am very new here so please forgive silly questions.  I want to put the following together and because I have no experience with this kind of equipment, I thought to seek some advise first.

I have a RPI 3 that has Kodi installed. I would like to fit it with a Allo Piano 2.1 Hi-Fi DAC (Subwoofer Out), Allo Volt AMP (Audio Amplifier) and Allo Volt+ AMP (Stand Alone Audio Amplifier) for the sub woofers.

Is this a feasible solution and will it work with Kodi?
Hi!

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the vibrant AV Forum SA community!

In concept it sounds all feasable. I think you have to give more info on the speakers you intend to use. I am not sure how well the Volt+ will drive subwoofers. The ones I encountered have their own built in amplifiers that give a much larger output than what the Volt+ can deliver. The Volt+ does drive small book shelve speakers nicely though.

Cheers,
W

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline mariusl

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:10:20 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I am replacing my current Samsung entertainment system that decided it has to go into protection. So the speakers are not that great I would think. That is why I thought the small amps might do the job for now.

I will invest in a decent amp and speakers once I am happy that this setup works ok.

Offline ALLO

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 01:39:13 PM »
hi ,
practically it can work...
Andre
CMO
ALLO.com
kali / boss / digione / usbridge and more...