Highlights of 2017

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Air

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
With the year drawing to a close, I wonder what was everyone's highlight of 2017? (musically/hifi speaking, of course, but feel free to share)

For me, it was some new music that I discovered. Not that it was always that recent but it was still new to me.

In a strange way, I felt this year I was all about getting perspective on the often experienced tension between the audiophile in me and the music lover. I think I finally found the resolution at least for me.

It came finally to me when I read a quote from the famous photographer Annie Leibovitz. She said in an interview that the question she most often is being asked is what equipment she uses and she takes that question as it a sure sign that the individual who asked the question is not interested in photography but equipment or technology. She continued to comment that photography is all about storytelling and that made the penny dropped. I am sure she doesn't mean that she doesn't try and stay abreast of developments but she is sure what the 1st principles are and keep that perspective.

Lastly, I heard a few good systems that really made me enjoy the music being played play and the most notable one was a vintage set of speakers with a big 15-inch driver and Alinco magnet with a 300B amp that just made music.

Keen to hear from the rest of the forum what 2017 had in store for you!

Latest posts