Recommendation for an AVR

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willi

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Howdy guys, I've been inactive on this forum for many years, and apologise that my first post is asking for help. I value your collective opinions much more than any review online.

I need want to upgrade my existing Yamaha RXV765 AVR to something which will give me a bit more power, HDMI 2.0, supporting latest audio compression technologies (5.1 is fine) and with at least 4 HDMI inputs.

My primary source is Plex on the an Apple TV 4 and my PS4. I got rid of my BluRay player as I did not use it that much. The intention is to upgrade the PS4 to the Pro version, which does support 4k.

I'm using my Tannoy Fusion 3 floorstanders with its matching centre and surround, just love the sound of them. My dad gave me a pair of Polk RTi10 with a CSi3 centre, and I find them way too hungry for the Yamaha. I prefer the sound of the Tannoys, but this could just be because the Polks have not come to life with the limited power I give them.

The room is an open plan lounge in a townhouse, horrible acoustics but that is what it is.

I've always had Yamaha AVRs but open to recommendations for another brand, or a good deal on a demo model.

Latest posts