Author Topic: Acoustic panels done!  (Read 6608 times)

Offline Jason Willemse

Acoustic panels done!
« on: April 09, 2017, 05:20:58 PM »
No bull... it's actually quite eery, the difference these panels have made. I've said before that this room is VERY reflective, so the difference was expected... but not this much. Thank you Keagan from Oxland Acoustics. Great guy, product and price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Raffs

Re: Acoustic panels done!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 12:40:48 AM »
And .... looks good too  :thumbs: , congrads . Thats my next box I wanna tick .
Trust your senses !!

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 05:57:46 AM »
+1 That does look good.

Unusual projector mounting, please tell us a little more about it Jason.
I am currently messing around with different mountings and this caught my eye.
The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline King_Julian_S

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 06:50:36 AM »
Very very fancy room ... nice 👍🏻
Non audiophile music lover...

Offline Jason Willemse

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 07:26:54 AM »
Very very fancy room ... nice

Thanks for that!

Offline Jason Willemse

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 07:30:43 AM »
+1 That does look good.

Unusual projector mounting, please tell us a little more about it Jason.
I am currently messing around with different mountings and this caught my eye.

Hi there.

The projector was traditionally mounted before, but the cables looked untidy having too an HDMI wireless receiver in the mix. I went with a shelf option to assist with incorporating a multiplug, the receiver, power supplies and cables all neatly done. Coincidentally, the shelf is mounted on the wall directly opposite to the kitchens fridge enclosure, which naturally has a plug point. All I had to do was drill through the wall and plug the whole thing in behind the fridge.

Thanks for the

Offline 1am7h30n3

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 10:52:19 AM »
Lovely room!

Wouldn't it be better to mount the projector upside down? (Even if you keep it at the top of the shelf for cabling reasons.)

Offline Jason Willemse

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 10:58:07 AM »
Lovely room!

Wouldn't it be better to mount the projector upside down? (Even if you keep it at the top of the shelf for cabling reasons.)

You could... but not sure it would be "better". It's mounted to the shelf on a detachable ball jointed bracket that can be locked in positionfor adjustment purposes. Have you any reasons why it would work better for me to consider?

Offline Frank007301

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 11:00:23 AM »
Very nice. Not many people understand how important treating a room is until you hear the difference.
B&W CM9's, CMC2, 4x  686's|2x M&K M4T Atmos|Marantz SR6011|Oppo UDP 203|Rotel RB1080|2xSVS PB1000|Optoma HD26 projector|120" Grandview screen|Apple TV4|Roku 4

Offline Jason Willemse

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 11:01:49 AM »
Very nice. Not many people understand how important treating a room is until you hear the difference.

... as I have learnt this weekend too.

Offline 1am7h30n3

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 07:02:35 AM »
You could... but not sure it would be "better". It's mounted to the shelf on a detachable ball jointed bracket that can be locked in positionfor adjustment purposes. Have you any reasons why it would work better for me to consider?

The top of the projected image is meant to fall just below the bottom of the projector when installed on a ceiling. I suspect the way you have it, where the projector is mounted "right way up" with the projector angled quite sharply to get the image onto the screen, will require a lot of keystone correction (digital usually) in the projector settings (or auto keystone if you have it set up that way) which could impact image quality, also you might not be able to get the sharpest focus across the entire image because the lens is not parallel to the screen.

Not meaning to come across like I'm finding issues with your setup, could very well be that there are things I haven't considered...

Lovely room!  :thumbs:

What projector is that? optoma hd50? great units those!

Offline Jason Willemse

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 07:18:16 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. It's a relatively simple test to do, and will definately consider your input and play around.

Your note is constructive and informative - not sure why anyone would take any kind of offence, so and thanks for the compliments.

The keystone adjustments weren't all that radical, but as it is with camera equipment, digital adjustments aren't really ideal.

The projector is indeed the HD50.

Offline Jason Willemse

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 01:22:27 PM »
After much deliberation, eventually agreed with a seller today on a set of Jamo Oriels in ablsolute pristine condition. Cannot wait for 3 o'clock delivery.

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 05:10:36 PM »
These should play well with the bloated Panasonic hi-fi we discussed in the Community forum...  :whistler:

-F-D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Jason Willemse

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 03:27:11 PM »