Nation of whiners, spoiled brats and ballerinas

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimbaLand

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
There's a lot that has gone down hill in the past 5 years in the motherland and if we don't stand up and make noise about it the situation will just get worse. Maybe I should say despite the noise we make things have become a lot of worse still. I'm talking about the usual stuff like Nkaaaaaaaaaandla, eskom, deteriorating infrastructure and service delivery. We all know about these and that's not what I wanna talk about.

I'm talking about how we seem to always find everything to be so bad. We can't find any positives. Service industry is bad, taxis are the haemorhoids of the nation and this seem to be the small talk of us the middle class. Is middle SA a bunch of whiners? We just don't seem to have anything positive to say about SA. If there's anything positive to say it's about the good old days.

I'm in Istanbul for 3 weeks now and I find all the things that we whine about everyday are here as well and no one seems to care or whine about it. Taxi drivers are not the best here. During a good day they drive worse than the SA taxi drivers. They stop anywhere and anytime and they are so rude but the people here take it as part of daily routine. When I ask about it the response I always get is they are in the road the whole day so maybe that's why they behave that way. People here don't get worked up by that the way we do.

The general driving Seems to be worse than in SA. I find SA to be kindergarten compared to here. I decided against getting a car because I won't make it on these roads. When you are a pedestrian it's not better.  Crossing the road is sn achievement.  Drivers don't seem to care about pedestrians at all but I don't hear the whining that is a national anthem in SA. Service in the shops and restaurants doesn't come anywhere close to SA. You walk into a shop and walk out not be because you don't like anything, but because you feel like they don't need your money. I'm talking about small shops and boutiques where you expect the best service and you can't blame bad service on the size of the shop. In restaurants you sit until you get up to go ask for a menu. You have to get up again to go ask for service. It makes me to start to appreciate the "bad service" in SA.

Do we just have it so well that we have brcome brats and we scream at every little opportunity we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts