Dog Advice

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KlyvQue

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
So, I'm a dog loving individual and grew up with them around - and have owned some cool breeds like Pitbulls, German Sheppard, jack Russel, rottweiler, Bull Terrier - etc.
When I moved out off home some years ago, I left the dogs - and never owned a pet (apart from some stray cat which I kept for a few weeks) and off late, I've been thinking about getting a dog... 1. Cause I love'em 2. I've noticed that my son (14 months old) seems to get along with dogs as well.

After some research, it seemed as though a bull dog is the way to go...
They are robust, voted as the best dog to own when u have kid(s), don't mind being poked around and are not snappy... and I can irritate my wife cause she thinks they are not cute.  ;D  (and then I heard that they are sickly dogs, remedying the saliva can be a pain and expensive, and the folds give some skin issues) - but I can't confirm this... and sounded dodge to me.  8)

Then I had this conversation with this one mama here at work.
She raised 3 kids, and went through 9 pit bulls in a few years - and she says they are great around kids.
What she found (as she bred them) is that thorough bred pit bulls were the snappy ones and were prone to be unruly. 

So since I have some history with them, It made me re-consider owning one again, but I am a bit circumspect with a pit bull now - despite not having any issues with the ones I've previously owned.

So now...
What do u find are the best dogs to own when you have kids... (preferably dogs that don't have lot of fur).
Which dogs should I avoid? 

- kQ

Latest posts