Studying sound engineering?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enigma_2k4

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, I've previously been studying a BCom thru UNISA (which is nigh impossible whilst holding down a full time job) with limited success. My limited success is by no means because of a lack of ability but because of a lack of motivation. I honestly just couldn't be bothered because it's all so dam boring, so at the end of this semester I will drop it entirely (I'm only in first year so haven't lost much).

This has made me look towards studying something in line with my interests as this would be motivating, interesting and useful for me! Has anyone on the forum here studied anything to do with sound or sound engineering etc? Is it interesting to do? Do you have any recomendations or thoughts on this?

Are there full degrees that I could do or any particular diploma's to start with that are a good base? If so, at which establishments and can they be done part time?

The best website I have seen thus far is http://www.capeaudiocollege.co.za/about.html. Are there any others that can be recommended?