XBMC & External USB DAC

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jatho

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I have my DAC connected via RCA to my BD player and it was previously connected to my NAS via the USB port which then picked up the DAC as USB speakers and it worked a charm, some reshuffling in the cabinet saw me needing to move my NAS elsewhere on the network and I no longer had a digital library to connect to the DAC apart from my XBMC box so I thought I'd give it a try and low and behold it worked.

I connected my my DAC to the XBMC (Linux distro) box via USB and went to the audio settings under XBMC and it picked up my DAC as one of the output devices, the only issue is that I'll need to manually change between the generic HDMI output and DAC each time I want to chop and change, something I never needed to do on the NAS for obvious reasons.

I cant see any other way of doing this but thought I'd check on the forum and see if anyone else has played much with external USB DAC's and XBMC and perhaps they had a better idea.