Yet another CNC project

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbyleveldt

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Seeing as the CNC virus is rife of late, I figured I'd also build one. It's something I've been dreaming of for a long time, but the cost of doing so was always prohibitive.

I finally decided to go ahead and do it, simply because the new speaker project needed some pretty accurate cuts and I know that I don't have the patience to do this manually. Plus it was a good excuse  :D

I hope Apocalypse Boy would feel like posting the latest rendering here, there's quite a bit of work he's done since I posted the last pic elsewhere.

I also ordered most of what I need; now it's just for the agonising wait for the stuff to get here  :facepalm:

Here's a pic of what I've got this morning though, so at least it's progress!

20121206_151856.jpg

I've gone a little cheap on this though - as it stands the budget I had in mind has already doubled. I'll also not end up using the Makita router in the pic, as I've ordered a Kress spindle that should also arrive any day now. I would've loved to get a VFD, but that's just silly money and the good ones would've gobbled up half of my budget. Anyway, the Kress stuff is good for the purpose I want - here's a pic of it:

kress1050fme.jpg

Latest posts