Speakers FOR a specific amp - Natural evolution in Hifi market?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strainger

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
During my search for a SET amp on the internet (36hrs of homework), I noticed an interesting trend in DIY circles (commercial options soon to follow??). Speaker builders and amp builders getting together to build equipment FOR the other one's equipment. (No, don't ask me for links... they got lost in the mush)

Now, this seems most obvious with something like a SET amp, which can make any speaker with reasonable efficiency sound BETTER, but, when driving a speaker with really high efficiency blooms into full realization of its potential. I'd venture to say, more often than we'd expect, that such a combination could blow a system consisting of Most Expensive Amps1 + Most Expensive Speakers2 clean out of the water.

In other words: how about creating and selling SYNERGY to compete against our long-time habit of buying, say, BrandNameSpeaker1, and spending hours and hours, not to mention the thousands and thousand of Rands, to find something that goes sortuv well with BrandNameSpeaker1? Coz, see, all the reviews say that BrandNameSpeaker1 is just AWESOME! And BrandNameAmp2.. well, it speaks for itself, doesn't it? It's a MUST have. And soon we find ourselves spending thousands on, say, speaker cable  :)sh1tstirrer:) to try and fill that hole that remains - even though we cannot admit it, coz BrandNameSpeaker1 and BrandNameAmp2 sounds just great, doesn't it? DOESN'T IT??? I mean, just listen to that triangle way way back in the soundstage... awesome, right?!

But, together?

And that is what I am on about: just imagine a Mars/JNouw SET amp optomized and built FOR a JimGore HE set of speakers, optomized and built FOR that Mars SET. It's time to get back to the business of the wholosity (ala Dr Gizmo) of music, and to forget about the separates, each with it's stunning specs. Don't we all strive to own that system where you forget the system and just LISTEN TO MUSIC??

My example of SET's does not exclude ss, push-pull or whatever by any means. It just goes toward SYNERGY.

Random question:
Why does modern recordings of Rock Music sound so sh*t??

Latest posts