Reliable UPS options?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVSA Andrew

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Morning all, just wanted to find out what your experiences are with UPSes, and what your recommendations are. I have an APC 1400 that has served me pretty well, but even though I only have the desktop connected to it, it never lasts anything as long as what the indicator shows when we have power. Bearing in mind from numerous newspaper reports that load shedding is going to worsen over the next 12 months before it ... possibly...gets better, I've started looking for something that will last at least two hours with my desktop and router attached to it.
What I'm finding disheartening is that pretty much every UPS that I've looked up that's in my price range (+-R5000) has mixed reviews, with the majority of people complaining that before the first year is up, the unit is already under-performing badly. Not sure if this could because many of them are attaching too many devices to the UPS, or it's just bad quality?
Does anyone here have any recommendations of units that consistently behave well over a decent period of time?

Latest posts