Vintage Records - Pinetown Shop

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
We had load shedding at 10am today where I live, so I was on my way to Builders to convince myself that I needed to buy this infernal Ecoflow power station thing since we are out for 3 evenings a week now that our exemption is over.

Driving up Stapleton Road I remembered that I had seen a listing for a record shop right there on the corner of Stapleton and Old Main road, so I thought Oh well, may as well pop in and see what's what. Well... I saw what's what alright!

Vintage Records is a kind of hut shop filled from wall to wall with vinyl, CD's, DVD's and even cassette tapes. What I wasn't expecting was the wide variety of rare titles from lesser known artists and things that you're just not going to get anywhere else. Looking only at CD's I must have seen about 7 or 8 Frank Zappa albums that I have never seen in any other record store, even when they were at their peak in the 1980's. He even had The The's Infected! Loads of alternative rock and other sonics that make a Gen-X like me sing for joy.

I had only just picked up my latest batch from Cordell which was in my car, otherwise my purchases would have been much more plentiful than these two I snapped up for R80. Haven't even heard of the David Byrne album before, but it's David Byrne, so it can't be bad. Broken English I have been looking for for a while and they had 2 copies of it there.

If you're in the area please go check out Luke's store and buy some media.

IMG_4847.jpg

Latest posts