Choosing a new system. Where do I start?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacqvt

Reaction score
Hey all, new to this forum, so please bear with me, I need some guidance.

At this moment I have a All in One LG DVD player, a 5.1 speaker setup. The player wasn't a big success from the start, some dvd's it would just not play, and it's getting worse now. So I want to replace it with something better now. Our kids watch their own dvd's a lot, so a that's why we still want a dvd player, or blu-ray. The speakers are still fine, I'm quite happy with it. Now, here's my questions...

As said, I have a all in one dvd player now, what would you guys recommend, a all in one, or a separate amp, and player?

Then, how do I choose which make? As said, I have a LG now, and it wasn't good from the start. It never gave other problems, other than it would not play certain dvd's, believe it or not, it would not play any new genuine DVD disks, or ones we rent. If I take that same dvd's, copy it to a disk, that disk plays without a problem.  So which make would you guys say is better, and what must I steer away from?

I dont have a lot of requirements, And I also dont have any other components with plays through the system, ecept our dstv decoder sound, and the plasma sound (if we watch a video through usb on it), then the sound goes through the speaker system. I really dont need a high spec system, or a lot of sound, etc. Just a good old dvd player / amp.

Thanks in advance.

regards