What car next?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumb and Dumber

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Please help me out with this one.
As some of you might remember a while ago I asked whether I should go for a Volvo C30 T5 or a Mercedes C230K. I chose the Mercedes. That was till today, touch wood, not a mistake as this car has not costed me a cent to fix as nothing needed fixing in the two years I am driving it. It was 100% reliable. But its odometer is nearing 200K, so I want to buy a later model with less than 100K on the clock.
I have not made up my mind if I want another sedan, or a SUV this time round.

My choices so far
Jeep Cherokee 2.4L Manual
Volvo S40 2.4i Manual
Volvo S40 T5
Renault Keleos SUV 2.5 Petrol manual.
Or another Mercedes as mine has been 100% reliable? I would just like the V6 version this time.

On the Volvo S40 T5.
Are they any less reliable the the normally aspirated S40 2.4i, which has the same engine, just without the turbo?

I have not heard much good about Jeep and Renault, but reemingly the 2.4L Jeep is reliable and the Renault actually have the same engine, gearbox and chassis as a Nissan X-trail, so it should be reliable as well.

I can get good examples of all the models listed, all properly maintained and all have less than 100K on the clock.
But which one and why :rubhands: