What a perfect day

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

placebo

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had a great day today.
At 02:30am I was awake due to tha
e fact it was raining cats and dogs with (a couple of elephants in between) against my tiled roof when off goes the electric fence alarm.One hell of a racket and I tell wifey who was in bed next to me(I knowwhere my wife is) "switch the bloody thing off".I thought it was foliage being exceptionally wet shorting out the fence.Lie in bed trying to sleep but the force of the rain made me snooze only.Get out of bed at 04:00 because I can no longer sleep have some tea and watching TV when at 04:20 I hear this terrible noise.Thought it was an accident on the William Nicol which happens often.Wifey gets ouy of bed and asks what the noise is?I have no idea.She reckons check the Pine Trees of which I have 4.When the rain abates a bit I go out with my Maglite and the one 10meter plus pine tree has fallen across my boundary wall and wiped,wiped out the wall,electric fence and portion of the neighbours carport.
Tell my wife the extent of the damage and advise her to contact the neighbour(who hates my guts and vice versa.Get ready for work and as it starts to get light my wife says another tree which is at the bottom of the garden  at the other side to the fallen Pine had also cpme down.Go check and it has wiping out my electric fence in it's descent.
I go off to work and tell wifey I have another massive pine Tree which might fall down and I would call in a tree feller.I had another pine tree which worried me that it might fall over.Phoned tree feller at 08:02 had quote by 09:30 which I accepted and tree down by 12:00.Insurance assessor been but apart from that nothing.
Travelling home on Jan Smuts Avenue northbound right opposite Hyde Park shopping centre in heavy traffic and a massive articulated Coke truck who is travelling south decides to do a u Turn to go north at an intersection which is just where I am stuck in traffic.In process trailer whacks the back of my car and wipes out my tow bar and boot lid.Hold up traffic on Jan Smuts for 30 minutes exchanging details.JMPD on scene directing traffic.
As I said What a perfect day.

Hey I even received a mention on Pig Spotter.

PigSpotter Cliff ‏@PigSpotter  ? 4h 
Accident on Jan Smuts Avenue traveling north passed Hyde Park Corner, coca cola truck and Audi, no injuries. JMPD on scene

Latest posts