Wandboard Quad Wireless in AP mode?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now Playing

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I spent a few hours last night configuring a Wandboard Quad as an all-in-one standalone Squeezebox server and Touch replacement using an external SATA drive as music source.  The idea is to have a Squeezebox setup that can operate as a standalone system completely independent of my home network (for use during thunderstorms) and that can serve only as a player when integrated into the home network.

To be able to use it as a standalone system I would ideally need to configure the Wandboard Quad to act as a Wi-Fi AP and DHCP server so that a tablet can connect to it and to provide the playback UI/ front-end.  Anyone tried to get the Wi-Fi AP side going?

As an alternative, I guess I could configure the Wandboard with a static IP in my home network subnet (but outside of my DHCP server's address range) and ensure my WAP and tablet are up with IP assigned by DHCP server before disconnecting them from the home LAN but keeping them connected to a local switch, thus providing connectivity between the devices without the remainder of the home network and DNS server in the mix.

Latest posts