To all the Linn's I have loved so far ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ (Love Linn? Post here)....

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alternativeroute

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well. What can one say. Linn can be divisive. You either a Linn believer/fool or you are a Linn detractor/heretic. You choose...

What I can say is that the one Linn I have owned - I loved. It must be one of the few tables that have passed through my hands that I wish I never sold - I should of just put it in the cupboard and let the next flavour of the month take my fancy on the turntable stand till I got bored and then I could take out the Linn again...

Linn Axis in motion

Linn Axis + Basik LVX arm + AT95e cartridge

The Axis is a bit of a dark horse in the Linn stable. Living in the shadows of the more venerable LP12, the Axis is easily forgotten.

For me, for the price it comes up at these days (R3000 to R4000), it quite easily beats other second hand tables that come up in the same price category (mainly Rega Planar 3's and sometimes a nice Systemdek). Head to head against the Thorens TD125 (MkII) it would be a photo finish for the punters. The Linn bearing for me might just pip it for the Axis at the post...

The Axis drive system is extraordinary and I am surprised that there isn't a clone doing the rounds in the DIY audio community.

Latest posts