The curse of the audiophile

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvr

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
All my beloved late dad's fault.. he who sat with his eyes closed listening to his cherished lp's (and what a nice collection that I was happy to inherit).. opera (preferably Verdi), and a profound addiction to Don't Cry For Me Argentina, and a bit of Mantovani.. you get the picture.

So I grew up doing pretty much the same thing on a Friday afternoon coming back from school..slightly different music (Abba, Diamond, S&G lp's were above board in our household, the rest was pretty much down to headphone listening to tapes from friends, and radio).

Later "wasted" 2 years on a campus radio station, not attending a sufficient number of classes.. And that set the tone, no pun intended.

Fast forward to my actual story which has its origin here. I was pretty okay with casting Deezer with Chromecast until I read and participated in this thread. Now, not so much. This turned out into a week-end project trying to figure out how to best stream native quality lossless bearing in mind all sorts of logistical challenges .. casting FLAC with Chromecast is so much easier than lining up a playlist of WAV files to a rather unstable wireless connection .. but .. just not as good sounding (when it works). So still working on getting the network wired and stable.. Because this is the way..

Last edited: