Sonor Audio - Whats your thoughts??

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AudioJunkie

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
So ive recently taken delivery of 2 pairs of Sonor Audio speakers & i had the floorstanders hooked up to the Onkyo NR509 for sometime, i must admit that they impressed me alot. Now most people dont know this brand as it made in SA :dance: & some people that do know the brand tend to shy away from them for exactly that reason. But the Sonors have excellent build quality, real wood veneered & rock solid, a tap on the cabinet is proof of that theres definitely no cabinet resonance taking place in these babies.

Lastnight i then hooked up the same speakers to the HK AVR30 just to see what it sounds like but mainly to test the HKs capability.....to my surprise, the HK made the Sonors sing!!!!!! I was totally blown away by the sound that was coming from these speakers, needless to say that this was abviously due to the HK but obviously if the Sonor were k@k speakers, the best amps in the world couldn't make it sounds as beautiful as they sounded. The crisp highs were similar to that of the B&Ws & the mids/ bass were tight & not boomy at all, very controlled. So what im actually trying to say is (while beating around the bush) that the Sonors far exceeded my expectations & im pretty much sold on this brand as well.

Has anyone else had experience with Sonor Audio?

PS: As old as the HK is, it out done the Onkyo hands down so cheers to old school build quality  :dop:

Vishen

Latest posts