Seeking motor vehicle - R60k to R90k budget (Cape Town)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shonver

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
My car has been through the war and it's at the point now that spending further money on repair and maintenance of it is not viable. While I am aware that a larger budget would enable me to find a better vehicle sooner, I have seen enough good prospects in that price bracket to convince me that it is possible, nonetheless.

I am looking for a car with a good maintenance record, good reliability, low fuel consumption that has preferably been protected from the elements (i.e., garaged). Interior must be neat, clean and not beaten up (same counts for exterior). Good tyres, no oil leaks or rust and must not require major repair. I don't mind odometer kms in the 200s to 300s if it has been mainly long distance.

Models that I have considered include Mercedes Benz C-class & E-class - particularly the diesel models, but also 180 and 200 Kompressor - and Lexus GS300 (fuel consumption not the best, but it's a reliable car). So models ranging from late 90s to mid 2000s.

I'm just posting this here in the hopes that a fellow forum member might spot a good car that suits my needs and will pass the info on to me.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts