Reputable Repairer of old Hi Fi equipment in Pretoria area

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierredW20

Reaction score
This is my first post here and I already ask for help. I was referred to this Forum by somebody on the 4x4 Community Forum and will be grateful for assistance.

I have an old Hi-Fi, around 1995, older turntable and newer DVD/Harddrive recorder and Blueray player but it is made up of reasonable quality components. Marantz amp,
Rotel cd player, Technics turntable and tuner, Yamaha add on AV processor, Nad casette deck, Hitachi DVD/Harddrive recorder, Sony Blue ray player, Panasonic DVD/VHS recorder, Infinity Reference 61I main speakers and Infinity Reference 11I rear speakers, Jamo centre speaker and Sennheiser HD580 headphones. It need some work on the components listed below, some of it I use rarely but I would like to have it all fixed. Where in Pretoria and perhaps JHB can I take it to?

The following need to be done:

1. Marantz PM 80 amp, just a cleanup of switches, controls and the phono plug has a loose connection, the headphones work but you need to fiddle at the plug.

2. Rotel RCD 965 CD player, work fine but to open and close the drawer you need to help it by hand.

3. NAD 602 Cassette Deck, need a new rubber belt or whatever as the tape does not run, FF or Rewind or Play.

4. Technics SL210 turntable, new belt from motor to table. Still working but belt is too slack.

5. Later model and not really part of the Hi-Fi, Panasonic DCD/CD & Video player/recorder. Drawer of CD/DVD does not function correctly. Stays open etc.