Regarding proper/safe ways of dealings between forum members

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we allow members to post bad deals on the forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampdog

R.I.P. 23 June 2022
Reaction score
I refer to the recent thread of apparent mutual dissatisfaction in the dealings between two forum members.

As alluded elsewhere I have some knowledge of possible pitfalls in such, having been involved in the same both legally and as a police reservist for several decades - for that reason I put this as an urgent request. I had no part in the above (no dog in the fight, as the saying goes) but it is clear from the stated versions of both sides that errors/misunderstandings/statements open to misunderstanding occurred - if not between the parties then in the respective statements by both on open forum. (That was my purpose in suggesting on that thread that the matter be taken off-forum for possible mediation or whatever other solution.) 

May I thus seriously suggest that either the Management/Moderation Team or someone else find someone with established legal background to give some advice here for the future benefit of all on how to proceed in such instances, either from analysing the mentioned case or/and in general. Although such instances are rare on this forum, matters could easily lead to legal action which could have been avoided by following the right procedures.

(and no, not suggesting myself. Although as said I have some experience of similar affairs, a person of recognised legal stature should do this.) I hope such a person could be found to offer leads.

I am not opening this thread for legal discussions between members, merely as a suggestion/request to the management. Should it lead to further unnecessary discussion, I respectfully ask a Moderator to lock it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.