Power Cable - which male terminations are popular

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAPPA3

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I'm considering bringing in some power cables. But quite confused on which terminations people prefer. Options I've seen are:

1. NEMA MALE PIN

The NEMA 5-15-P is normally referenced as a "3-prong grounded plug" which plugs into a standard 110 VAC wall outlet. NEMA is an acronym that stands for the National Electrical Manucturers Association, an industry group that sets standards for use in electrical products. The connector has two flat parallel blades, with a round ground pin located between and above them. The female mating outlet for the 5-15-P is called a 5-15-R (R for "receptacle").

NEMA.jpg

------------------------------

2. CEE MALE PIN

A plug designed for use primarily in Europe, the CEE 7/7 plug has a round shape with two rounded pins and a socket that accepts the grounding pin from a "Type F" European wall outlet. CEE is actually an abbreviation for the International Commission on Rules for the Approval of Electrical Equipment, a European standards body.

CEE.jpg

Excuse my ignorance if I am incorrect in any of my specifications/descriptions

Latest posts