Power amp + AVR Help

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil81

Reaction score
Hi guys

I need some help. I have a Yamaha RX-V675 AVR that I am using with the B&W 683?s floor standers, the B&W HTM61 centre channel, and I am using a set of 685?s for my surrounds/satellites (all S1).

I have done some reading on the forum, and I've received some advice from some of the other forum members, and it all seems to point in the same direction. It seems to all say that I should connect a power amp to the 683's.

My issue is that I bought this AVR in last year, and I don't really want to replace it at this time. I am pretty new to the power amp setup, and my understanding of it is very limited, but as far as I understand I need a Pre amp output that will need to go to whatever power amp I decide to get?

As far as I understand, my AVR does not have a pre out for the floorstander channels as per below pic:
81PKN4roIUL._SL1500_.jpg

Is there any other way that I can work around this? Please can I ask that you guys use layman's terms? Like I said, I am still new to this.

Latest posts