OPTI-MOS Power Amplifier by G. Randy Slone

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Visor57

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hello all  :)
Has anyone in this community built one (or more) of Mr. Slone's L-MOS based power amplifier designs? I am particularly interested in a design that is frequently referred to by the name of its commercial brethren; OPTI-MOS (or Optimos). It was available in kit form from Seal Electronics until they closed shop to pursue commercial applications with ZUS Audio (more info here).

I first came across the DIY version of this power amplifier design in G. Randy Slone's "Audiophile's Project Sourcebook", and I was pleasantly surprised when he responded quickly to my emailed questions regarding PCB artwork in his book. He's a very pleasant guy 8)
I see gbyleveldt posted info on one of Mr. Slone's other books in November, 2006; "High-Power Audio Amplifier Construction Manual" (original post).

The kit is available from Lede Audio in Australia (audio kits page, scroll down to OPTI-MOS-V4) for what looks like a reasonable price (see attached image). I have requested additional info from them but still await a response; if anyone has purchased a kit from them before, your feedback would be appreciated ;)

A post in diyAudio Forums sounds promising (no pun) and I have emailed the post author for some feedback too (will post reply here).

More info on G. Randy Slone.

Cheers for now :)

Attachments

• opti-mos-v4.jpg
    opti-mos-v4.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts