Opinions on Samsung Plasma ps51e490 on special

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim101

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on the Samsung Plasma 3d PS51E490 . I see its on special at R 7500 and comes with four 3d Glasses . Was looking to buy a 3D tv later this year but thought perhaps I could replace my 40 Inch Sony LCD with the samsung. I am not really interested in the Internet features,aesthetics E.T.C a .....The most important thing would be the picture quality. I have been extremely pleased with my sony especially when it comes to movies and gaming.  The one thing i have loved about my sony LCD is that you never miss out on the full picture. Watching a dimly lit  scene that is always pleasent..this is especially handy when playing some of the night missions in Battle field 3...

Tried to google a review of the samsung plasma. Nothing shows up. I have seen people complain about the samsung plasma's having issues down the line 'black lines showing up' .  One thing I dont get is that on the spec sheet it is listed as having 1024 x 768  resolution. My understanding was that for full HD a screen would need 1920 X 1080 resolution,perhaps is 1080 via HDMI and 1024 via PC connection. I remember reading an article on cnet or sumtin which said that some of the earlier 3d Series tv's have bad picture quality and that the 3d was not impressive

IMHO it seems that plasmas are good for movie watching so I am not too keen on the current set of LED ' Smart type tv's' ...I truly dont need the extra 'SMART' features.. already have that covered with media centre pc.

Latest posts