Onkyo Receiver 1008 complex

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nico V

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
So, not nocking any brand!! Now that that's outta the way, I have to get it off my chest that I find my Onkyo receiver difficult to operate. Setting sound fields are difficult. Getting it to recognize DTS or Dolby Digiital 5.1 through an Optical input takes about 10 minutes. (Of course my fellow movie viewers "enjoy" waiting that long to watch a movie.) The volume control takes long to up or down. On HDMI I bypass the receiver completely, so no implications on video.  There's nothing wrong with the receiver - fine mass produced piece of clever engineering, but I miss the simplicity of my Yamaha RXV's and DSP's I've had over the years. Would really like to go back to the RXA (but I'd "rather" replace Land Rover Engines - as many of you know by now.  :sd: ). Also, not remotely close to anything one can call audiophile, the Yamaha's are excellent at creating seamless sound fields. It's like being immersed in the movie scenes.  Something that my Onkyo can't seem to get right. Like I said right at the start: Not knocking the brand. Perhaps just not entirely my taste.
Was wondering what my fellow Forumites' experiences are like using their Onkyo's...?

Latest posts