Onkyo HT-S5405 HDMIs display "Signal not found" & "Mode not Supported" messages

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got the Onkyo HT-R548 HTiB that came with the HT-S5405 receiver.
I don't really know what happened (thinking it was maybe a power surge, my alarm clock was reset) but when I came back home on Friday
and tried to watch a Blu-ray, the HDMI switching wasn't working.
I get "Signal Not Found" and "Mode Not Supported" messages when I try switch to the HDMIs connected to my receiver.
Did some searching on the net and seems like this is a known issue on some of the Onkyo receivers, particularly the TX-SR606.
I couldn't find anything on my receiver which is why I suspecting a power surge of some thought.
I have experienced this before though, on one of the ports (BD/DVD) which then I swapped and changed it in the menu to point to (VCR/DVR) port.
Now all the ports are not working and I'm left with having to swap the devices on the TVs HDMIs if I need to use them.
Tried new/different cables and that didn't help.
Also, maybe not related but my Xbox had the tendency of losing signal intermittently while I was playing.

Everything else works fine and I can see the OSD Menu.

Just need to find out if anyone has experienced this with any of their Onkyo receivers and if it's maybe hardware related, how much am I looking at getting it repaired(assuming it's the HDMI daughterboard that needs replacing)?  Not really looking at spending thousands right now so I'll probably connect them using component cables in the mean time.

I read somewhere in the forums that Audiotronics are the people to go to in GP with Onkyo devices, anyone else deal with them?

Current setup:
Samsung 42" HD Ready Plasma (with 2 HDMI ports)
Onkyo HT-5405 in 5.1 setup with the speakers it came with (connected to the Plasma)
LG Blu-ray Player (connected to the "BD/DVD" HDMI port on the receiver)
HTPC (connected directly to the Plasma TV)
Xbox (connected to the "Game" HDMI port on the receiver)
SD DSTV (connected to the TV using Component cables)

The receiver is out of warranty, I purchased it in 2010.

Thanks for all the help, much appreaciated.

Latest posts