No adsl since last Wednesday - Got repair ref but just lies!!!!!!!! Moerse Rant!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Since reporting the problem early Thu morning and getting 171CWK200412 ref - none of Hellkom's sinners can give any information - in any case I don't speak Swahili, cape skollie, boesman or any of the other numerous tongues being forced on the sa public.

At 6min past 8am this morning, I got the first contact. A doos asking me to switch the modem/router on and off and reporting what I see - a flickering amber LED for adsl.

"OK, will fixit" "When?" "Dunno" in a cape flats accent.

Two hours later today, I call 10217 for business adsl. Go through the rigmarole and button pushing and an unspecified non-white female answers, sounding like she's munching on three tripledecker burgers.

After a miniute of listening to choking at the Debbin call centre?, she informs me that a techician (named "Tammy") called at 7.30am this morning but found no-one at home.....

I was here in my dining room having coffee, my wife was outside busy at the washline and my dog was in the front garden - all present and correct. So "Tammy" lied to her controller of to whomever she or he reports to.

To spare myself from this shit, I go to a Vodacom shop nearby and bought a Vodacom Mobile Broadband 3G device (R499,95) plus AN extra 1gB NPPS data as I have numerous and pressing business committments locally and abroad.

On installing it, the thing doesn't work and I hear later the out of the box new device is 'corrupted'.

This morning, they bring another here and I see firsthand the shittyness of Vodacom's network cover in Upper Kenilworth - the same reason for dumping my 15-yo Vodacom contract and letting my two fancy Nokias lie rusting in pieces.

Their tech recommends trying a 5m USB extension cable and I go out and buy one.

So, here I am - losing connectivity every few minutes, no email and I just want to  :puke:

The rot in this country is now accellerating at an ever faster pace. We need an insurrection.

In lighter vein, I checked with Woolworths Wynberg store last week to see if they have some corduroy jeans in my size and of a catalogue number I supplied. "Yes sir, we have - at Cavendish Square - 3 pairs".

No problem, I go there, only to find one pair in stock of the wrong colour and as filthy and creased like it's been worn by a street forklift mechanic for the last 8 years.... :puke:

Sweet goodbyes for now boys & girls :point:

mafioso

Latest posts