New Toy? - Comfort Food? - Line Magnetic - 211IA

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winslow

R.I.P. 23 June 2023
Reaction score
It is here sitting in it's box on the floor.  :Whoohoo:
Cant get it out to play with it broken arm.  :walled:

Big Big Thank You to Trishend and Vashan from Ricata 10 out of 10 for the excellent service and for the home demo on the Amp on my systems.
:clap:
Guys like you and service like this makes such a difference. This is how it should be not the usual take your money and run.  :notworthy:

Trishend dropped of the Amp this morning thanks again,  :thumbs:
beautifully boxed double box the works.

:coffee: Very nice manual printed well on decent paper and I know having been a printer for over 40 years.
Good English not the usual gibberish (well done).

The Amp Specs:
15W+15W RMS Triode
32W+32W RMS Ultra Linear
Tube Compliment 12AX7x2 - 12AU7x2 - EL34 (6CA7)x4
4x Line inputs - 4 Ohm + 8 Ohm taps.
Switchable on the fly between Ultra Linear and Triode. 
Remote controlled Volume and Mute (very nice solid alloy remote better than that plastic thing Audio Research supply)
Built in meter for Bias adjustment.
30sec delay start.
Supplied Tube Cage not asking $500 extra like some do.
Fit and finish first class (Hammer - tone Grey flawless paint job)
All point to point wired.
E-I core transformers silicone rectified power supply.
Alps volume control and Realcap capacitors
Weight 19Kg's

Did some research on these guys and they have been around for a long while making replacement stuff for the Western Electric enthusiast market in Japan.
They have now started making their own stuff.
They model their amps and speakers on Western Electric designs.
They are being called "Chinese Shindo" in the States and are distributed there by Tone Imports who distribute both  Shindo and Leben.

Cant afford either of those so settled on this.
Feel for the price of R12900 all in here 1 year guarantee  ($1895 in the states) not half bad. Always like to buy from and support the local Agents - RICATA  :thumbs:
Me thinks they are going to pull a Manley Trick soon and are going to rocket up their prices the quality and sound is that good.
These Chinese high end guys are making excellent stuff with performance to boot.
Have some Opera Consonance Cyber 800 Mono Blocks which are built like tanks and finished better than some of the ( :flame: Yank Stuff) they sound great and have been dog reliable

The 211IA can only run EL34's 6CA7's which is fine they are cheap and easily available and my other amps use them. Just love the Mid range these Valves give.
Can always play with the input tubes plenty options there if I can afford it.
They have another model the 216IA looks identical which is able to run different output valves and comes with KT88's fitted makes a few more watts 35w ultra linear and 18w triode.
Agents do not have this model available bit scared of Kt88's have heard they are fragile (Glass?) and they are not cheap either so quite happy with my choice

It will I am afraid have to stay in it's box until my arm heals.  Judging from how sweet and musical the demo one sounded in triode  :whistler: with my Vandersteens I cant wait to play with it just the sound I had been looking for.  :dance:
And look at in the box is all I can do for now Blast.  :walled:

Latest posts