Network/Internet Issue

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issybrfc

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Wondering if you guys might have an idea what is happening. Im trying to figure it out, if its a Router, Switch, Cabling or some other setting that i need to look at

I have 2 x IP cameras, connected to an NVR via a POE switch (10/100) so not Gigabit. I have set both IP cameras and the NVR as static within the router, and assigned all 3 with their own IP address. The problem then comes in, when i plug in these cameras onto the network, it will then completely disconnect my Wifi/Internet connection. I then unplug the cameras, reboot my router, and my Wifi/iInternet connection is stable again. Note that im on a 20mbps ADSL line at the moment.

I then ran another test, this time connected a Sonoff slampher and a Google Home Mini. The same thing happens, completely disconnects me to the wifi, until i switch them off and reboot the router.

I am pretty stumped about this, as the only thing i can think of, is that my bandwith is running pretty close to empty with all the devices connected.

Question, should i look at another modem/Gigabit switch and also maybe a shorter Ethernet cable running between NVR, Switch and Modem? Could this be causing issues?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Latest posts