My Lenco L75 rebuilds

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irengineer

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

OK, took delivery of a working Lenco L75 with a metal idler wheel, and a non-working Lenco L75 with a plastic idler wheel. The non-working unit only runs at 16 rpm, I suspect a mechanical issue as the speed setting mechanism seems out of whack. The plinth on the plastic wheel unit is also lower in profile than the other unit. Both original tonearms are shot with droopy ends where the counterweight hangs. I suspect the v-blocks are completely perished. Then, when trying to play a record to get a feel for the "original" sound on the working unit, I noticed that the anti-skating was not working. The arm would wildly slide across the LP's surface (luckily I used an old "tester" LP and the original stylus) and no amount of tweaking could stop it. By consulting the Lenco Heaven threads I saw that both arms are missing the original anti-skating counterweights.

I have now removed the dust covers and platters from both units, will start removing them from their plinths tonight. I'll start with the plastic idler wheel unit first. Anybody maybe have some original anti-skating weights for the arms? I'd love to at least hear the working unit properly to get a feel for it, before I rebuild it into a new plinth.

The one unit does have like a record cleaning device (I think that is what it is) attached to it, and both does have 3 holes on the right side of the plinth. The holes in the low profile plinth look "original" with small black plastic caps installed, while the metal wheel unit has three other holes, look like they where added at some point. Any idea what they are?

Here's some pics:

Strange record cleaning device...

20130608_185658.jpg

Tonearm missing the anti-skating weights...

20130608_185733.jpg

Side holes in low profile plinth from plastic idler wheel unit...

20130608_185808.jpg

Holes in plinth of working unit...

20130608_185751.jpg