My dachshund did the worst she could have done this evening...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
The subject is not for the fainthearted and quite disgusting and the mods may delete if you wish.

The pampered canine has been on the strictest of diets during the past 10 days and also cost me well over R1K since last week and this week.

Last week, it must have eaten something disagreeable and was treated by our usual vet and I'm just now having to feed her the last of 3 different medications.

On Monday she was sleeping on a highish bed (I know, it shouldn't have been there...) and caught its crippled front paw in something and landed badly on the floor, spraining a shoulder joint. Another visit to the vet, more medication and today, this problem was almost sorted.

This evening, we took her for a walk along a pleasant pathway alongside the Liesbeek river when something floating in the river distracted our attention.

Quick as a flash, madam Wors decided she'd like a titbit and started gutsing away on a pile of vagrant excrement :headbanger:

We have owned dachshunds for many years and I know all about human crap's attraction for dogs and continually watch where we walk the dog but this incident happened so quickly it was near impossible to prevent it.

We rinsed out its greedy mouth but the disgusting stuff is in its guts.

I called an afterhours vet who informed me not to worry as most dogs do this but I'm still worried. What if the vagrant had aids/hepatitis/TB or worse?

I also asked him if the dog should take medication to 'neutralise' whatever it ate but he said there's nothing one can do but wait as see if it gets sick.

Sh!ttt!!

I'm really worried and p!ssed off.

Anything else I can do other than taping-up its snout for the next walk??

mafioso 

Latest posts