Milty Zero Stat

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reshen

Lumous Audio
Commercial Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the general opinion of the Milty Zero Stat gizmo is. Here's a video if you're not familiar:

I asked my kid to choose a random LP to play last night and he went for Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here! Maybe it's a sign ....

Anyhow, it's a one of the recent (~5years) re-issues, the one that came in the black plastic sleeve. I bought it new and it's still mint. Probably been played three or four times. But my word the noise, snap crackles and pops were ridiculous. Not unbearable, but not acceptable for a new LP. So I put it on the my vacuum RCM (Watson) using the magic juice suggested by @fdlsys . There was an improvement but still plenty of crackles.

Then I got out the Milty and treated the LP. The key is to do it really slowly, if it clicks, you're going to fast. Boy did this thing work! Much, much quieter and now sounds like a new piece of vinyl.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

BTW, the LP comes in a cardboard inner sleeve, which cannot possibly be good for the LP. In fact I've seen the guy in the above video, tear up the paper sleeves that come with new LP's the moment he gets them, and replaces them with proper MoFi or Nagaoka anti static sleeves. Probably something I'd do progressively.