LG uncooperative

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Past two years I have bought 2 LG products - Nov 2006 I bought a LG DVD Recorder DR7622W and March 2007 a LG 32LC2R (LCD TV).

Both these units packed up one month after the guarantee expired, so never will I buy any LG product again.

I am struggling to get some info (spares) on the DVD Recorder as it seems as if the recording mechanism is faulty - On timer record it will only record on one specific LG RW-DVD and for the first 15 min the recorder "skips" scenes.  According to a reputable AV "repairman", if you omit recording via timer record and only record using the "immediate" record button, recording is fine.  LG refuses to give him any advice or help re the machine and spares, claiming it is a Zone 3 machine.

I don't expect LG to repair the machine free of charge, but surely they can assist, afterall it is a LG product.  Can anybody member help me?

Wonder if Panasonic is going to have the same attitude if the Blu-Ray player I got as a Xmas gift from my kids in the UK, gives trouble.