Lexus/iPod Interface

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlleyCat

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had my pal around today that bought a two year old Lexus in the last two weeks. He’s been having problems with cut outs in his music playback via all 4 of his iPods (all have cover art/video) an 80 and 3 x 160Gb. The music intermittently cuts out for a good few seconds more, sometimes three times plus during songs.

Initially I pointed him and the car dealer towards latency /handshaking issues and then he went on to professional car radio installers, Digicape ( Apple agents) and lastly on to Lexus SA, Jhb - none could help. Lexus, JHB and USA finally confirmed and admitted they have a problem and there is no fix for it.

A little interweb digging was done and a ( not 100%, but workable solution found, which is much better than listening to it, original way, it works too) : Remove the Cover Art from the iPod!

Small caveat, if it is one : The older versions of iTunes made it much easier to remove the cover (check Google), in the newer/st version, which I have, I could not find it at all. Fortunately, I have JRiver and it’s a tick box away!

We tried it, it works, although 1 or two short gaps in the music and then sonic bliss, sometimes nothing and another one many songs later, much much better than without the cover art removed (it was painful and a horrible listening experience).

My pal left a very happy happy chappy! Two hours later and he’s even happier!