HoloAudio – Red – DDC & Network Streamer

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Air

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I am happy to inform you that the HoloAudio Red DDC and Network streamer is now available on order from Airmusic. The unit has just been launched internationally after quite a bit of speculation, and I am sure that this well-conceived design with a focused approach to sound quality rather than features will be well-received by enthusiasts in SA. Jeff Zu has not put a foot wrong with any of his designs, and this unit has been in the making for almost 2 years so all the care and thought that went into the design of the Spring and May dacs has also been paid to this streamer that many of you have been waiting for.

The unit is a Streamer with I2S HDMI output supporting DSD up to 1024 and it can be used as DDC (USB to I2S or SPDIF converter)

This audio device is based on a Pi Compute Module 4 but only uses the Pi4 as core system. It differs from a standard Raspberry Pi because it does not have all peripheral components on board, but has been developed by HoloAudio, of course optimized for Audio.

Supports Roonbridge Tidal (Connect), Qobuz, Spotify (Connect) and airplay.

As you have come to expect from HoloAudio, the leaders in R2R NOS dacs, the design and build quality is exceptional.

The retail price for the unit is R28 600.00 and the lead time is approximately 4 weeks. There is an introductory offer for the forum as you would expect from me, so pm me if you are interested.

The specs are as follows:
Product typeNetwork Streamer & DDC (Digital to Digital Converter)
EthernetEthernet RJ45, GigE 1000Mbps
Digital inputsUSB 2.0
Digital outputs1x I2S HDMI (Holo Audio compatible)
1x Coaxial S/PDIF RCA
1x Coaxial S/PDIF BNC
1x AES/EBU XLR
1x Optical Toslink
1x USB-A 2.0 (USB Host)
Supported file formatsMP3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, ALAC, OPUS, WAV, AIFF
CPUQuad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
Native sampling rates16-24bit 44.1-768kHz – Native DSD64 – 512
Note: Future release will support up to DSD1024 / 1.5Mhz
Compatible OSiOS
Android
Windows